Would you like to get started with 3D printing, but you never had the chance to have a go with a 3D modelling software? Well, Autodesk has a bunch of app and free software that can help:
1. 123D Catch: If you want to create a 3D model from a real object, but you don’t have an expensive 3D scanner or a simple kinect… Why don’t try this wonderful app? It renders 3D object using the camera of your smartphone. (iOS, Android, Desktop compatible)
2. 123D Design: An app for your iPad or laptop to build 3D printable designs.
3. 123D Make Intro: Do you want to build a 3D model out of a 2D sketch? Well, this is the right app for you! (iOS, Desktop compatible)
4. 123D Sculpt: 3D modeling app, freely available on your iPad and Android device
5. 123D Tinkerplay: An app to create 3D printable and customisable toys (iOS, Android, Windows Phone compatible)
6. Instructables: Now that you have created a lot of cool 3D models, why don’t you share your tutorial online? Instructables is one of the biggest DIY platforms available online. (Web Based, iOS and Android)
In addition to these cool apps there are 2 other software that can help you create your next 3D model:
- Tinkercad: a web based tool to get started with 3D modeling
- Maya: a 3D animation software. You can get a 3 years free license directly online if you sign up to autodesk website!